Monday, April 2, 2012

Project Life Tuesday: 2012: Week 13

I thought I was 2 weeks behind on Project Life.... come to find out it was only one week.  For week 12, I didn't really have any pics or other memorabilia, so as much as I hate it I skipped that week.  And for this week I certainly didn't have a "pic a day"  but it was a great week so I included the pics I had, lots of journaling and newspaper clippings.  Turns out, my layouts weren't half bad!  I really just love this project, because I was able to show what  our week was all about with things I threw together last minute.  And I didn't get all caught up in my "pic a day" philiosophy that I started out with. 

This week was all about basketball for us.  Our UK Wildcats made it the Final Four!!! And we played our state rival UL Cardinals.  It was a great week for the state of KY and it was so fun to see all the "hoopla" going around town!!  Our CATS pulled out a victory and are headed to the champioship game!

On the layouts for last week.....


Full layout



Left page.  I used a newspaper clipping "civil war" to show the intensity of the rival between UK and UL!  I also took a picture of my bracket that I filled out and shrunk it down to fit the 4x6 slot.  I am in LOVE with the black and white polka dot washi tape that I found at Target.... I hope I don't over do it!


I included an insert this week.  I participated in the #Marchphotoaday challenge by fatmumslim over on Instagram.  I loved this challenge.  You take a certain photo each day accoring to the pre-planned template by fatmumslim.  I decided to make a 4x6 collage using 6 instagrams, then cut the pics down to fit in the page protector.  These protectors are coin collecting protectors which can be found on Amazon.  I then used paper from the Clementine collection to do my labeling for the date the pic was taken and what the category was.  I like the way this turned out, but have more ideas for April!  (front side)


(Back side of insert)


Right page.


Hoping that I can now stay caught up!!  Linking up today with Project Life Tueday over at The Mom Creative.


The Mom Creative



Photobucket

6 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

I ♥ the idea of how you incorporated the pic a day prompts from fatmumslim. I have been wanting to do that, but wasn't sure how to add that into my PLife book. Thanks for sharing!

Nirupama said...

Very clever insert. And you are totally inspiring me to make another trip to target

April said...

looks fantastic! I need to get some of those inserts from Amazon...I live in southern indiana so understand the hug basketballness :) my cousin and her husband went to atlanta to see the games...

http://aprilbest1981.blogspot.com/2012/04/pl-week-13-in-progress.html

The Wallace Family said...

LOVE it! Looks great and I love the coin collectors..I might have to find some of those:) Want to see you soon!!

Anonymous said...

Great pages! I love your instagram pics!!!

Abby Devine said...

Well thank you Michelle... that is very sweet!!!