Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Chicken Ranch Tacos

It is official.... my crock-pot has become my best friend!!  What did I ever do without it?  I know crock-pot meals are nothing new, but I really just started using mine.  And all I can say is.... Boy have I been missing out!

On the menu for dinner last night was Chicken Ranch Tacos. 


They turned out so yummy and once again the hubby was wow'ed by my cooking.  I found the recipe from Pinterest (of course) and you can check it out here.  I deviated from this recipe some, because I worked a 12 hour shift yesterday and I needed a faster version.  So instead of cooking my chicken in a skillet on the stove I used the crock-pot.

Ingredients for Chicken Ranch Tacos:

3-4 chicken breasts (thawed, not frozen)
1 packet taco seasoning
1 pack ranch seasoning
1 jar of salsa (I used black bean and corn salsa and it was yummy)
1/2 cup chicken broth
Taco shells
Optional toppings:
  -Shredded cheese
  -Pico
  -Taco sauce, sour cream, ranch dressing

In your crock pot mix the chicken broth with taco seasoning and ranch seasoning.  Mix real good until all ingredients have mixed well.  Then put in the chicken breasts and top the chicken breasts with the jar of salsa.  Cook this in the crock-pot on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.  Once it is cooked, take a fork a shredded the chicken.  The chicken will be so moist it will shred mostly on its own.  And now you are ready to eat.

Serve the chicken in taco shells with all the fixings you love.  I have never actually put ranch on my tacos so I tried a little squirt and it was to die for!!  I probably should have never tried it, because now I will be wanting ranch every time I eat chicken tacos!!!

No comments: