Tuesday, February 12, 2013

My cooking spree continues!

My goal to cook more in 2013 is going well. I can honestly say that I am cooking 4 nights a week and some weeks 5 nights. I have been able to accomplish this with lots of meal planning on Sunday nights, Pinterest recipes, and my friend, the crock pot!!!!

We are eating healthier, saving money, and my hubby is loving all the new recipes and even the traditional ones!

Tonight I made chicken, spinach, bell peeper, and cheese quesadillas. The hubby said, they were the best quesadillas he has ever had! SCORE!!!!!

This is a simple, fast meal for when you don't have a lot of time or for any occasion.

Ingredients:
1 cup shredded chicken (1 cup per quesadilla)
1 sliced red pepper
1 sliced green pepper
Few spinach leaves per quesadilla
Shredded Colby jack cheese
Tortilla shells

 
I sprayed the skillet with non-stick spray, then placed a shell in the skillet and then topped with chicken, peppers, spinach, and cheese. Then place another shell on top. Let the shell brown and crispen and then flip. And there you have it... Dinner in 15 mins!!!

 
I added a little salsa to my plate to dip my quesadilla. I am not a huge fan of sour cram, but the hubby is so he used salsa and sour cream!!!


We will be having this easy and delicious meal again soon!! 

No comments: