Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The time is here.....

Well the time has come.... After 4 weeks of fun, rejuvenating, and much needed time off from school, tomorrow begins the beginning of the end.  I never thought this time would come, but in actuality the time has flown by.  Tomorrow begins the end of my last semester of college.  I graduated in May 2009 with my BSN in nursing.  For some reason after I graduated, my gut told me to pursue something more.  So that is exactly what I did.... I enrolled in the Family Nurse Practitioner Masters program in August 2009 and have been going ever since.  So what seemed like would be an eternity, has actually come and about to be gone. 
And I can say in a way... that I am super, beyond excited, and thankful that graduation is upon me.  I have worked in the Intensive Care Unit since I graduated with my BSN and have gained a world of knowledge, respect, and passion for healthcare. 

I am so glad that years ago my inquiry to make a difference has led me to where I am in life.  So here I am today, reflecting back over the past 7 years of college, thinking where has the time gone and how did I get this far?   But I am ready to take on this new and exciting journey in providing care for MY ( hard to believe they will be) MY patients. 

So many people have gotten me through these hard and grooling years of studying, papers, tests, and clinicals.  My husband- has been so supportive and has pushed me to want to be somehing more than average.  Without his presence, love, and support I would not be where I am today.  My momma and dad- have listened to me whine, cry, and complain when I didn't think I could get through.  They have fixed dinner, did laundry, stood by my side, and paid for my undergraduate degree out of their pocket.  To that I am forever greatful, that while being in college years, I have escaped without any student loans.  My friend Tammy-  has been by my side since the beginning of it all.  Hard to even explain all we've been through to support one another, but having a best friend by your side is one blessing I cherish.  And all my other family members who have supported and loved me has made the world of difference in knowing that I could, can, and ALMOST did this.

Sorry, I am rambling and probably so boring to most, but I wanted to stop and reflect the beginning of a great end before it's to late and the end is here.  My goal was to finish school before starting a family and I think (god willing) that I am going to achieve this. 

So... I am ready for the end, the start of a new me, professional career, and where it takes me.  But most of all I am ready to give up the everyday books and studying to be with my husband, expand our family (hopefully sooner than later) and see where life takes us.

2 comments:

Savannah said...

Good luck with you FINAL semester! I am sure you are great at what you do - in the classroom, in the workforce and with your family. Congrats on all of your accomplishments!

The Wallace Family said...

Yay Ab I am so exited for you:) Can't wait to celebrate with you when it's all over!!! Love ya:)